[Lazarus] A SQL Explorer Program. Suggestions?

[Lazarus] A SQL Explorer Program. Suggestions?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
I am looking for a good SQL Explorer tool that I can build using Lazarus. Does anyone have any options on what's already available?

What I am looking or is a program with source that compiles without too much effort and has these features:

Allows you to connect to a database. Uses a SynEdit to highlight and edit SQL statements. Displays results in a grid or in text below the SQL editor. Also formats SQL syntax or other errors in an area below the SQL editor.

Yes I could write my own program that does all this, but if someone has a suggestion of a program I can compile that does all this nicely I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Re: [Lazarus] A SQL Explorer Program. Suggestions?

On Wed, 24 Jul 2019, Anthony Walter via lazarus wrote:

> I am looking for a good SQL Explorer tool that I can build using Lazarus.
> Does anyone have any options on what's already available?
>
> This project hasn't been updated since 2009:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/sqlexplorer/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/sqlexplorer/
>
> What I am looking or is a program with source that compiles without too
> much effort and has these features:

> Allows you to connect to a database. Uses a SynEdit to highlight and edit
> SQL statements. Displays results in a grid or in text below the SQL editor.
> Also formats SQL syntax or other errors in an area below the SQL editor.
>
> Yes I could write my own program that does all this, but if someone has a
> suggestion of a program I can compile that does all this nicely I'd
> appreciate any recommendations.

The Lazarus data desktop comes standard with lazarus, has all these features and more.
(see lazarus/tools/lazdatadesktop/

I maintain it actively.
If you have suggestions for improvements (or patches), always welcome.

Re: [Lazarus] A SQL Explorer Program. Suggestions?

Free Pascal - Lazarus mailing list
Hi Anthony,

On 24/07/2019 12:22 pm, Michael Van Canneyt via lazarus wrote:
> The Lazarus data desktop comes standard with lazarus, has all these features and more.
> (see lazarus/tools/lazdatadesktop/

'lazdesktop' is a good choice. To have a more complete list, there are a
few others too. ;-)

 * tiSQLEditor which is a child project of tiOPF
   https://github.com/graemeg/tiopf
   https://github.com/graemeg/tiopf_apps

 * FenixSQL which is a support app included with firebird-lib
   (previously known as FBLib)
   https://github.com/graemeg/firebird-lib

I'm sure there must be more, but these are the 3 I know about.

Regards,
  Graeme

Re: [Lazarus] A SQL Explorer Program. Suggestions?

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 8:19 AM Anthony Walter via lazarus
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am looking for a good SQL Explorer tool that I can build using Lazarus. Does anyone have any options on what's already available?

Another one:
https://github.com/synopse/mORMot/tree/master/SQLite3/Samples/12%20-%20SynDB%20Explorer

regards,
Marcos Douglas