Debugging Wince shows NO debugger output

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Debugging Wince shows NO debugger output

GREP
Hi
I could not get the breakpoints to work, I googled a lot, tried all the suggestions
unsuccessfully.
After a full day of trial I ended up that now the project does not show
anything in the Debugger output window.

I have this setup
Windows XP, lazarus 1.0,12, svn 42478
(installed with the exe provided)
(sorry for the spanish legends, but regrettably when I installed lazarus
I did not find an option for choosing the language, it took it by default from geographical origin)







with Level1 and nothing else checked
 The project build with no apparent problems, except the breakpoints don't work
(there are no blue dots, and when I click on a line to add a breakpoint, it shows a
red circle with a "?" inside)
Any help please?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Debugging Wince shows NO debugger output

Martin Frb
On 13/11/2013 20:40, GREP wrote:

> Hi
> I could not get the breakpoints to work, I googled a lot, tried all the
> suggestions
> unsuccessfully.
> After a full day of trial I ended up that now the project does not show
> anything in the Debugger output window.
>
> I have this setup
> Windows XP, lazarus 1.0,12, svn 42478
>
>
Not sure, never done wince.

But you can try and sent a log
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Log_info_for_debug_session

Maybe something stands out.

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Debugging Wince shows NO debugger output

Sven Barth
In reply to this post by GREP
Am 13.11.2013 21:40, schrieb GREP:
> Hi
> I could not get the breakpoints to work, I googled a lot, tried all the
> suggestions
> unsuccessfully.
Did you find this bug report
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21061 on your search? (and also
the related ones)

Regards,
Sven

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Debugging Wince shows NO debugger output

Sven Barth
In reply to this post by Martin Frb
Am 13.11.2013 22:49, schrieb Martin:

> On 13/11/2013 20:40, GREP wrote:
>> Hi
>> I could not get the breakpoints to work, I googled a lot, tried all the
>> suggestions
>> unsuccessfully.
>> After a full day of trial I ended up that now the project does not show
>> anything in the Debugger output window.
>>
>> I have this setup
>> Windows XP, lazarus 1.0,12, svn 42478
>>
>>
> Not sure, never done wince.
>
> But you can try and sent a log
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Log_info_for_debug_session
>
> Maybe something stands out.
I mention this as something that stands out for quite some time already:
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21061

Regards,
Sven

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Nothing seems to work for missing breakpoint

GREP
In reply to this post by GREP
Thanks martin and Sven

The url you gave me do not have a solution. They state the problem,
but there is no  solution.
I downloaded 1.0.14 and re-installed Lazarus.
I first compile with the -g linker option, it compliled but still no blue dots.
Then I tried with -gw -godwarfsets (I put -dgodwarfsets in the Define window).
This time the Project does not compile, it gives me a bunch of erros like this for all files
in the project:
pos.lpr(30) Error: Failed reading coff file, illegal reloctype $000F while reading d:\cf1\output\pos.o
I went back to the -g option and get the same errors.
I have d:\cf1\output in the output directory window (-FU).
Any Idea what this is? I have no ebug outpu, b/c it stops before getting there
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Lazarus] Nothing seems to work for missing breakpoint

Sven Barth
On 21.11.2013 19:13, GREP wrote:
> The url you gave me do not have a solution. They state the problem,
> but there is no  solution.

Did you try adding the drive where your sources reside to the "other
unit paths (IDE only)" option? By judging your below examples it should
be "D:\".

> I downloaded 1.0.14 and re-installed Lazarus.
> I first compile with the -g linker option, it compliled but still no blue
> dots.
> Then I tried with -gw -godwarfsets (I put -dgodwarfsets in the Define
> window).
> This time the Project does not compile, it gives me a bunch of erros like
> this for all files
> in the project:
> pos.lpr(30) Error: Failed reading coff file, illegal reloctype $000F while
> reading d:\cf1\output\pos.o

It could be that Dwarf is not correctly supported for WinCE...

> I went back to the -g option and get the same errors.
> I have d:\cf1\output in the output directory window (-FU).
> Any Idea what this is? I have no ebug outpu, b/c it stops before getting
> there

Test the following:
- disable generation of debug info and completely rebuild project (maybe
delete *.o and *.ppu manually if necessary)
- enable generation of debug info (stabs/default) again and completely
rebuild

At work a colleague and me recently had success at debugging a WinCE
program on the emulator though I had thought that it might not work.

Regards,
Sven

--
_______________________________________________
Lazarus mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/mailman/listinfo/lazarus
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Debugging Wince shows NO debugger output

GREP
In reply to this post by GREP
I tried that but with me did not work