Cannot run lazarus other than from terminal

Cannot run lazarus other than from terminal

leledumbo
Administrator
Lazarus svn r35704
FPC svn r20468
Kubuntu 11.10 x86

Whenever I try to execute from desktop shortcut (.desktop) or double-clicking associated file, I got "Disk full" message box. I've n-tuple checked whether there are other Lazarus/FPC installed but `which` seems to point to the correct instance and `find` reveals no other installation exists. I have EasyDockMgdDsgn installed and I though it was the problem. Uninstalling allows me to execute the IDE but after 1 minute that message comes again, so I guess it's not the package. Furthermore, if I try to install any package from "install/uninstall package" dialog, just by pressing install (not "save and rebuild/just save", normally the dialog won't close) it will close the dialog and the whole IDE is frozen. The weird thing, when I try to execute from terminal (in order to see debug messages), it runs fine. No error messages, with all packages installed.

Re: [Lazarus] Cannot run lazarus other than from terminal

Bernd Kreuss
2012/3/4 leledumbo <[hidden email]>:
> Lazarus svn r35704
> FPC svn r20468
> Kubuntu 11.10 x86
>
> Whenever I try to execute from desktop shortcut (.desktop) or
> double-clicking associated file, I got "Disk full" message box. I've n-tuple

"Disk full" reminds me of an ugly bug I once had in a plugin dll made
with FPC on windows when there was no stdout and I had a writeln()
somewhere deep inside my code. But I have never seen something like
this happening on linux. Maybe KDE finally found a way to remove stdio
from processes started without terminal? Just a wild guess...

Re: [Lazarus] Cannot run lazarus other than from terminal

leledumbo
Administrator
A reboot fixes the issue :)
Though I'm still curious why...

Re: [Lazarus] Cannot run lazarus other than from terminal

Giuliano Colla
Il 04/03/2012 15:21, leledumbo ha scritto:
> A reboot fixes the issue :)
> Though I'm still curious why...

An oversized tmp file?
Some bugs just fill up the disk with rubbish. But if they fill up
temporary file, a reboot solves the problem.

Giuliano